Sunday, June 14, 2009

A step into the unknown....

Of course every day starts off with a question. What will I do today? Who will I meet? What do you mean last night's encounter with Hugh Jackman was only a dream?!" That sort of a thing... But today I have found a new area to explore. Could I reconnect with a side of myself I had shut off for so long? Had hidden deliberately to let 'normal' life play out, safe and familiar, like a Richard Curtis movie rather than say, Resident Evil. The latter is perhaps a little extreme. The other side emerging would be more at home in an M.R James novel. A wander through a churchyard in Suffolk where something almost invisible suddenly catches your eye, the scent of a rare perfume, the sound of footsteps on a deserted path that leads you...who can tell. These are the things that interest me and I will explore them again in my notes from beyond.....

1 comment: